Food Service Equipment Rebates
Alameda Municipal Power's (AMP) commercial food service rebates provide cash incentives for purchases of electric, energy-saving appliances. The rebates encourage Alameda food service customers to switch from gas to electric appliances—also known as "electrification."
Upgrade your kitchen to power your appliances with AMP's 100% clean energy AND save a bundle on your annual energy costs! AMP offers food service rebates on kitchen equipment including ovens, fryers, griddles, stoves and steamers.
Guide to Kitchen Equipment Requirements
Before you apply for the rebate, take the first step to read AMP's guide on the kitchen equipment requirements. The guide details the energy efficiency requirements that your new equipment must meet in order to qualify for the rebate. Click on the link below.
Use AMP's Rebate Calculator
AMP has developed a rebate calculator to help you estimate your potential rebate amount. It also lists all the types of kitchen appliances that qualify for the rebate. Click on the link below to download the calculator, which is in an Excel document.
Hold onto the calculator, which you will submit with your rebate application form. Click on the tabs to see the details.
Check that you have taken the following steps:
1) Read the guide to the equipment requirements.
2) Used AMP's rebate calculator.
3) Reviewed the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions (see below).
You're now ready to apply online (click on the link below). Don't forget to submit the calculator with your application.
|Food Service Equipment Application Form|
- Effective date of this program is September 21, 2020. Qualifying equipment purchased on or after this date is eligible.
- The rebated amount cannot exceed pre-tax purchase price.
- Customer must be a current AMP non-residential customer with an account in good standing.
- A complete incentive application package must be uploaded or postmarked within 90 days of the food service equipment purchase date. Applications are not considered to be received until all required documentation is completed and received at AMP’s offices. Failure to provide all of the required documentation may result in incentive ineligibility.
- Customer agrees that AMP reserves the right to request additional documentation prior to incentive payment. AMP may deny the incentive payment if this condition is not met by the customer.
- The customer incentive payment shall go directly to, and in the name of, the customer/business name/account holder listed on the AMP bill.
- The incentive payment will be mailed from Alameda Municipal Power within 8 to 12 weeks of AMP receiving all required documentation.
Terms and Conditions
- Rebate application for food service equipment must be pre-approved by AMP prior to installation of equipment. To help ensure the project meets all eligibility requirements, AMP recommends that project pre-approval be obtained by the customer before equipment selection is finalized.
- Projects must be completed within six months of the date of pre-approval. Projects requiring more time must submit a request for extension. This request will be approved or denied at AMP’s discretion.
- Equipment must be installed and operating at the facility address listed on page 1 of the rebate application.
- Equipment technical specification sheets must be submitted.
- Detailed, dated copies of all invoices must be submitted within 90 days of installation.
- Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis, and incentive is subject to availability of funds. AMP’s processing of this application may be placed on hold or automatically rejected if applicable program funds have been exhausted.
- AMP expressly reserves the right to modify or terminate the program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason without prior notice.
- Alameda Municipal Power disclaims any and all liability, loss, or damage that may arise as a result of the applicant's participation in this program.
- Customer agrees that AMP reserves the right to inspect premises after the date of application or request additional documentation prior to rebate payment. Rebate amount to be prorated by AMP if customer leaves the territory within three years.
- Customer shall cooperate with AMP or its authorized representative in performing evaluation, measurement, and verification (EM&V) of the program. Information accessed for EM&V may include but is not limited to functioning hour meter displays, onsite verification of installation and operation, program compliance, and project records. All information collected will be held confidentially and will be used by AMP or its authorized representative for program analysis purposes only. Customer shall ensure that AMP or its authorized agents have access to the company’s facility at reasonable times, for a period of up to five years from the date of the company’s receipt of incentive payment under this agreement.
- Disclaimer of warranties: AMP makes no representations, expressed or implied, regarding the design, construction, reliability, efficiency, performance, operation, maintenance, or use of any equipment, or installation discussed, selected, rejected, purchased, or otherwise considered by the customer. Any decisions regarding the selection, design, purchase, installation, use and operation of any equipment or consideration or selection of any contractor shall be the sole responsibility of the customer.
- These terms and conditions apply for all incentive application packages submitted/postmarked on or after September 21, 2020. If the customer fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions, as determined by AMP, the customer agrees to repay the incentive in an amount determined by AMP within 30 days of written notice by AMP.