Energy Benchmarking

Depending upon the size of a building, California AB 802 may require a building owner to benchmark the building energy use using ENERGY STAR®Portfolio Manager and to disclose the energy use results of the building(s).

It is the responsibility of the building owner to complete the building benchmarking.

New Requirements

The new regirements require building owners to report building characteristic information and energy use data to the California Energy Commission beginning June 1, 2018 for buildings with no residential utility accounts, and in 2019 for buildings with 17 or more residential utility accounts.

For more information on California’s Energy Benchmarking Program...

Energy Star Portfolio Manager

The Energy Star Portfolio Manager is the Environmental Protection Agency’s online energy management and tracking tool that enables you to benchmark, measures, and track the energy and water use of any building over time and to compare your building to similar buildings. Benchmarking also provides a building score.

For example, a score of 50 is average, a score of 25 means your building is only more efficient than 25 percent of your peers, and a score of 75 or greater means your facility is a top performer.

How do I request the electric energy use data from AMP?

To request energy usage for reporting purposes, please download and complete the applicable forms from the menu on the right and mail to AMP at:

Alameda Municipal Power 

Customer Service
2000 Grand Street
Alameda CA 94501