Heat Pump Water Heater Rebates-Commercial
Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) A1, A2, A3, M1 and M3 business customers have the option to install a heat pump water heater (HPWH) with a 50 to 120-gallon size. This option must meet the following eligibility and general requirements.
- Applicants must have a valid AMP account, and projects must be installed on the account listed on the application form.
- In no case will AMP pay more than 100% of the actual non-taxed cost for the project.
- AMP must approve the project before work proceeds. AMP has final approval of all projects.
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
- All projects must have a pre-installation and post-installation inspection by AMP.
- AMP reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program without prior notice at its discretion.
Heat Pump Water Heater Rebate
|Description||Rebates Per Unit|
|50 to 80 gallon||$1,500|
|80 to 120 gallon||$4,000|
- Energy Star-qualified models (See EnergyStar.gov)
- Must be new and replace a previously installed product
- Must have an Energy Factor (EF) of 3.0 or greater
- First Hour Rating (FHR) >= 50 gallons/hour
- Warranty >= 6 years on sealed system
Customer General Requirements
- Effective date of this program is Sept. 21, 2020. Only purchases made on or after the start date are eligible.
- The projects must utilize new, energy-efficient equipment. Used, reconditioned, rebuilt, or restored equipment does not qualify.
- AMP reserves the right to withhold funding for projects that do not meet technical requirements upon completion.
- HPWH must replace gas-fired water heater. Electric to HPWH are not eligible.
- Project must be permitted.
- All electric work must be performed by an electrician with a valid C-10 license.
- All installations must meet the technical requirements listed and be installed in accordance with all applicable local, state, and national codes and ordinances.
- Customer is solely responsible for installation of all rebate products to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Rebate applications must be submitted within 60 days of the date of purchase.
- AMP may require a third party of its choice to review a project at no cost to the customer or contractor.
- Customer agrees that AMP reserves the right to inspect the installation premises of the heat pump hot water heater for 24 months after the date of application or request additional documentation prior to rebate payment. Rebate may be denied by AMP if this condition is not met by the customer.
- Installing a heat pump water heater requires a permit from the City of Alameda.
- Installers can apply at the permit center Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 3:00pm. Click here for details.
How to Apply
Online: Click on the link below to complete the online application form and attach your equipment specifications.
|AMP HPWH Rebate Application|
Mail: Or, you can download the form and mail it with your equipment specifications to:
Alameda Municipal Power
Customer Resources Division
2000 Grand Street
Alameda, CA 94501
Once we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule inspection. If the project is approved, you will be notified by AMP via email. After the project has been completed, contact AMP to schedule the post-installation inspection. We will also require a copy of a paid invoice and proof of customer payment. Please allow up to 6 weeks to receive your applicable rebate check.