Project EASE

AMP’s Project EASE (Energy Assistance Through Supportive Efforts) provides short-term emergency assistance to residential customers who are unable to pay their electric bill and/or are at risk of having their power turned off.

Household Eligibility

Eligibility for Project EASE is based on the customer’s gross income level and household size. The chart below will help you determine if you qualify.

Household SizeMonthly IncomeAnnual Income

To receive short-term assistance, you must have received a “notification of overdue payment” from AMP. Required documentation may include the following:

  • CalFresh (food stamps)
  • CalWorks (cash aid)
  • General Assistance
  • Individual Retirement Account (IRA)/annuities
  • Retirement/Pension
  • Spousal/Child Support
  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)/Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Unemployment Compensation
  • Veteran’s Benefits
  • W-2s 
  • Wages and/or income from self-employment
  • Worker’s Compensation

  • You will also need to show proof of identification for all adults, and children under the age of 18, who are living in the house full time. 
  • Driver’s license must show service address or you will be required to submit a lease agreement, mortgage statement or property title.

How to Apply

AMP offers two ways to apply for Project EASE:

  1. Apply online and upload your documents. Click on the link below to open the online application.

   2. Or, you can download and print the PDF version of the application. 

Email: Once you fill out the printed form, you can email the form and your documentation to AMP at

Mail: Or, you can mail your completed form and documentation to the address below:

Alameda Municipal Power
2000 Grand St.
Alameda, CA 94501

Download the PDF version of the Project EASE Application Form here.