Energy Assistance Program (EAP)
Alameda Municipal Power's (AMP) Energy Assistance Program (EAP) offers our eligible residential low-income customers a 25% discount on their monthly energy costs.
- The low-income discount does not apply to the Utility Users Tax or any other applicable fees or taxes. It is applied only to the energy and customer charges.
- Customers who receive the low-income discount are not eligible to participate in AMP's EASE Program.
- Customers who qualify for both the low-income discount and the medical discount should apply for the low-income discount as it provides the most comprehensive benefits. Customers may not receive both discounts.
New for EAP Members - EAP Plus
if you're already a member of the Energy Assistance Program, you're eligible for free energy-efficiency upgrades through EAP Plus. Find out more...
Eligibility for EAP is based on the customer's gross income level and household size. The chart below will help you determine if you qualify.
|Household Size||Monthly Income||Annual Income|
To demonstrate eligibility, you will need to show proof of income for all adults permanently residing in the household and provide supporting documentation.
Documentation may include:
- CalFresh (food stamps)
- CalWorks (cash aid)
- General Assistance
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)/annuities
- Spousal/Child Support
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)/Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)/Social Security Administration (SSA)
- Unemployment Compensation
- Veteran's Benefits
- Wages and/or income from self-employment
- Worker's Compensation
You will also need to show proof of identification for all adults and children under the age of 18 who are living in the house full time. Driver's license must show service address or you will be required to submit a lease agreement, mortgage statement or property title.
EAP Application Form
Email: Print the form here. Once you fill out the printed form, you can email the form and your documentation to AMP at AMP@alamedamp.com.
Mail: Or, you can mail your completed form and documentation to the address below:
Alameda Municipal Power
2000 Grand St.
Alameda, CA 94501