Installation Process & Maintenance
- Artwork must be applied to the transformer via a vinyl adhesive wrap. AMP does not permit transformers to be painted.
- All projects must be professionally installed by a certified vinyl wrap installation company.
- The vinyl must be able to withstand heat up to 1000 degrees. AMP requires 380 VC vinyl.
- Vinyl must be installed on a day with temperatures between 60 and 90 degrees and no rain.
- Transformers must be clean of dirt before installation of the vinyl.
- AMP’s signage on the transformer cannot be covered in any way.
- AMP must have access to the components in the transformer at all times.
- Vents and fins cannot be covered so as not to restrict airflow from the cabinet.
- Door hinges must remain free of materials.
- AMP must be present at all installations of artwork, if it requires the transformer doors to be opened to accommodate the vinyl wrap.
- The sponsor is responsible for obtaining and posting “No Parking” signs 72 hours in advance if needed to ensure access to the transformer during the installation.
Public Safety (during installation)