View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
COVID-19: Financial assistance during challenging times
Amid ongoing concern about COVID-19, Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) is committed to the health, safety and wellbeing of our customers and our employees. We understand the concern you may be experiencing during this public health crisis, and we want to be responsive and flexible to our customers’ needs.
Please know that we will not disconnect your electric service if you’re having trouble making payments due to hardships caused by COVID-19. We have temporarily suspended service disconnections for non-payment.
Contact AMP’s Customer Service Team
If you are having trouble paying your bill, we urge you to call our customer service team at (510) 748-3900 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays. Please note that response times may be slower due to limited staffing in our call center.
- Medical Discount Program–Reduces the impact of higher electricity costs resulting from operating critical health maintenance equipment. Provides a 10% discount on energy costs for qualifying customers.
- Balanced Payment Program–Provides qualifying customers with a fixed monthly payment for their electric bill.
- Third-Party Notification–Provides caregivers with the tools they need to pay AMP bills. If you care for a friend or relative who could possibly overlook paying his or her AMP bill because of illness, financial difficulties, or other issues, this program can offer assistance.
To learn more, visit https://www.alamedamp.com/165/Financial-Assistance
Ways to Pay
- Energy Assistance Program–Offers qualified residential customers a 25% discount on their monthly energy costs.
- Project EASE (Energy Assistance through Supportive Efforts)–Provides short-term emergency assistance to residential customers who are unable to pay their electric bill and at risk of having their power turned off.
- HEAP–Helps income-eligible households pay their energy bills. This is a federally funded program. For more information, call 510-881-0300.
To encourage social distancing and protect our customers and employees, we have closed our Service Center to the public. We remind you that electric bill payments can be made in a variety of ways that don’t require face-to-face interaction.
- Pay online using your credit/debit card at www.alamedamp.com
- Pay over the phone using a check or credit/debit card. Available 24/7
- Mail your payment to Alameda Municipal Power, P.O. Box 511427, Los Angeles, CA 90051-7982
- Drop your payment in the payment box in AMP’s parking lot at 2000 Grand St.
- Make a payment at Mail Boxes Plus, 2532 Santa Clara Ave.