View Other Items in this Archive |
View All Archives | Printable Version
March 30, 2012
You Can Almost Taste It - AMP's Big Scoop!
Your local ice cream parlor, Tucker’s Ice Cream, and your hometown electric company, Alameda Municipal Power (AMP), are partnering to create a special commemorative ice cream in recognition of AMP's 125 years of service to the citizens and businesses of Alameda. This new flavor will highlight AMP’s history and represent the 125 years of reliable electric power provided to our community.
Customers Will Name the Next Tucker’s Ice Cream Flavor!
Tucker’s Ice Cream and AMP are sponsoring a contest to create a name for this new flavor.
- The ice cream will debut at the Alameda Earth Day Festival on Saturday, April 21, 2012, at Washington Park at the AMP booth for free tasting.
- It will be also be available for free tasting at Tucker’s Ice Cream at 1349 Park Street until May 15.
- After sampling the new flavor, customers can suggest their idea for a name at Tucker’s, or by email.
- Entries will be accepted beginning April 21st and will end on May 15th.
- The winning name will be selected by an “ice cream and electric committee” on May 31st.
- The winner will receive a gift certificate for Tucker’s ice cream and a special gift from AMP.