EV Charging Stations: Rebate Information and Eligibility Requirements
Commercial EV Charging Station Rebate: The Basics
Rebate amounts for commercial EV charging stations = $5,000 per level 2 charging station
- Maximum of six (6) level 2 charging stations (single or dual port) per metered site.
- ADDITIONAL $500 rebate per port for additional ports on level 2 charging stations, maximum six (6) ports. Total rebate amount not to exceed $33,000.
Rebate can be applied towards any combination of the following:
- The cost of the charging station(s).
- The costs of charging station installation, including any necessary electrical upgrades.
- The cost of a city permit (obtained through the City of Alameda Permit Center).
Eligibility and Equipment Requirements
- Application must be fully completed.
- Effective program date is July 1, 2019. Only purchases made on or after the start date are eligible.
- The rebate is available only to customers served under A1, A2, A3, M1 and M3 rate schedules (e.g.: businesses, multi-family dwellings, or government entities).
- Charging station installation projects must comply with all applicable City of Alameda building codes and permitting requirements.
- Charging station installation and any electrical upgrade work must be performed by an electrician with a valid C-10 license.
- Qualifying charging stations
- Must be new, and not used, resold or rebuilt
- Must be wall or pedestal-mounted, not portable
- Must be certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); or ETL Listed
- Must not be received from warranty insurance claims
Eligible electrical upgrades:
- Must be permitted
- May include a new 240-volt outlet and/or circuit, and a new or upgraded panel
Terms and Conditions
- Funding availability is limited and is provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed pre-tax purchase price of the EV charger.
- AMP reserves the right to reject any application that is incomplete or fails to meet the program requirements.
- The level 2 charging stations must be installed at customer’s service address.
- Customer is solely responsible for installation of all rebated products to the manufacturer’s specification
- Customer agrees that AMP reserves the right to inspect the installation premises of the charging stations for 24 months after the date of application or request additional documentation prior to rebate payment. Rebate may be revoked by AMP if this condition is not met by the customer.
- Alameda Municipal Power disclaims any and all liability, loss, or damage that may arise as a result of the applicant’s participation in this program.
- AMP reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program without prior notice at its discretion.