EV Charging Stations: Installation and Rebates
Alameda Municipal Power offers commercial customers generous rebates toward the purchase and installation EV charging stations (up to $5,000 per level 2 EV charging station).
AMP Is Here to Help
You can start the installation and rebate process by following the steps below or you can contact an AMP EV Advisor to help guide you through.
Contact us today at: EV@alamedamp.com
STEP 1: Permit Approval and Installation
- Review the City of Alameda Non-Residential Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Permitting Checklist for all permitting requirements
- Review the California Governor’s EV Guidebook for additional guidance
- Submit the Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE) Information Form to AMP for approval. (*AMP will verify local power availability prior to permit application.)
- Submit the Permit Application to the City of Alameda Permit Center
- Complete charging station installation
For more information about permitting contact:
City of Alameda Permit Center:
2263 Santa Clara Ave. Room 190
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., M-Th (510) 747-6800
Permit Center Checklist
STEP 2: Apply For Level 2 Charging Station Rebate
Read through the Eligibility Requirements and Terms & Conditions
Fill out the online AMP Commercial EV Charger Rebate Application Form and submit the following documents with that form:
- Copies of all invoices
- Copy of City of Alameda Permit
- Photos of completed installation
- Serial # of charging station(s)
You will receive your rebate after AMP review and approval of all documentation.