Commercial EV Charging Station Rebates
Get up to a $5,000 rebate for each electric vehicle charging station.
How It Works
Buy and install a maximum of 6 new level 2 chargers (single or dual port) per account
- Optional: Substitute any level 2 charger with two new level 1 chargers (maximum of 12 level 1 chargers)
Submit the following documents to AMP:
STAGE 1: Initial application
- Submit completed EV charger rebate application
STAGE 2: Before work begins, submit for approval:
- Design Schematics
- EV charger specification
STAGE 3: After charger installation, submit photos of the following, as applicable
- Installed EV chargers and/or completed infrastructure (required)
- Receipt or paid invoice from the charger purchase
- Receipt or paid electrician’s invoice showing the itemized and subtotaled cost of the charger installation and/or electrical upgrade (invoice must include the electrician’s license number)
- Final, signed building permit
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Manager at 510-748-3947 or email@example.com
- The rebate is available only to current AMP non-residential customers on an A1, A2 or A3 rate.
- Charger must be installed in Alameda
- Effective date of this program is July 1, 2019. Only purchases made on or after the start date are eligible.
- Application must be fully completed.
Rebate can be used toward any combination of the following:
- The cost of the charging station
- The charging station installation and any necessary electrical upgrades
- The cost of a city permit
- Additional $500 rebate per port for additional ports on level 2 chargers
Maximum of 6 level two chargers (or 12 level one chargers) per metered site
Qualifying charging stations
- Must be new, and not used, resold or rebuilt
- Must be wall or pedestal-mounted, and not portable
- Must be certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); or ETL Listed
- Must NOT be received from warranty insurance claims
Charger installation and eligible electrical upgrades:
- Must be permitted
- Must be performed by an electrician with a valid C-10 license
Permits and Installation
- Installing a level 2 charger requires a permit from the City of Alameda.
- Customers or contractors can apply at the Permit Center Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 3:00pm.
- Customer is solely responsible for installation of all rebated products to the manufacturer’s specification.
Terms and Conditions
This rebate is subject to availability.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed pre-tax purchase price of the EV charger.
- The level 1 or 2 chargers must be installed at customer's service address.
- Customer agrees that AMP reserves the right to inspect the installation premises of the chargers for 24 months after the date of application or request additional documentation prior to rebate payment.
- Rebate may be revoked by AMP if this condition is not met by the customer.
- Alameda Municipal Power disclaims any and all liability, loss, or damage that may arise as a result of the applicant's participation in this program.
- Grant funds received that are dedicated to the equipment purchase or the installation cost are to be treated like a discount, or coupon, and should be subtracted from the purchase price. Documentation of the grant is required.
- AMP reserves the right to modify or discontinue this program without prior notice at its discretion
NEW REBATE APPLICATION COMING SOON