AMP Refrigerator and Freezer Rebate and Recycling Programs
Those refrigerators and freezers were revolutionary back in the time, but even early 21st Century cooling appliances can use three to four times more electricity than the latest, most efficient ones, sending your electric bill into Outer Space! That's why AMP has partnered with ENERGY STAR® to help you save energy and money.
1. ENERGY STAR Refrigerator Rebate and Recycle Program
AMP has partnered with ENERGY STAR® to offer you a means of benefitting both the planet AND your pocketbook. You can get a $100 rebate for replacing your refrigerator with an ENERGY STAR® labeled fridge AND recycling your old fridge.
NOTE: AMP has found that the Sears Outlet website often incorrectly lists the Energy Star status of refrigerators. Please check the Energy Star website before purchasing a refrigerator from the Sears Outlet.
2. ENERGY STAR Freezer Rebate and Recycle Program
You can get a $100 rebate for replacing your standalone freezer with an ENERGY STAR labeled freezer AND recycling your old freezer.
3. Second Refrigerator Pickup Program
And that old, second refrigerator in your garage or the nearly empty freezer that you never use anymore? You can get a $35 rebate just for having it picked up and recycled properly. Plus, you’ll save money on your energy bill every month!
|Energy Star Rating||Minimum Size||Pick Up Old/Purchase New||Pick Up Old/No New Purchase||Download Application|
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR® labeled refrigerator, 14 cubic feet capacity or larger, or an ENERGY STAR® labeled freezer, 7.75 cubic feet capacity or more.
- Download and complete the application.
- Call 866-964-7346 to arrange for refrigerator or freezer pick-up.
- Tape doors shut and leave refrigerator or freezer outside, near your garage, or on the curb, ready for the pick-up that you scheduled.
- Mail the completed application and a copy of your sales receipt to:
AMP Refrigerator Rebate Program
3800 Watt Ave, Suite 105
Sacramento, CA 95821
You should receive your rebate within eight weeks. If you have not received your rebate after eight weeks, please call 866-964-7346.
- If you are a landlord and need special assistance, please call AMP at 510-814-6415.
Why Recycle your Refrigerator?
Lower Your Energy Costs
Your refrigerator is one of the biggest energy consumers in your home! A 20-year-old refrigerator can cost nearly $200 a year to operate. A new ENERGY STAR model will only cost $60 a year. That’s more than $655 over five years by replacing your old refrigerator or freezer with a new ENERGY STAR qualified model!
Reduce Harm to the Environment
Older refrigerators are harmful to the environment. They can contain chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs), which deplete the ozone, and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), designated hazardous materials. Our recycler handles the hazardous materials chemicals properly and recycles the metal and plastics correctly.
Protect your neighbors from outdated appliances
Recycling these appliances instead of selling them second hand also means that no one else gets stuck with the high energy bill to run these inefficient refrigerators and freezers.
Rules and Requirements
- You must be an AMP customer or owner of a property served by AMP.
- You are responsible for any applicable taxes.
- AMP is not responsible for applications lost or delayed by mail.
- This offer is valid only as long as funds are available.
- The refrigerator or freezer replacement incentive ($100) once every five years. Customers are always eligible for the refrigerator or freezer pick up incentive ($35). Please contact AMP if you have a need for multiple replacements within a five year time period.
- Submit completed rebate form and a copy of the sales receipt within 12 months of purchase.
- AMP reserves the right to accept or reject any application.