The AMP Weatherization Program
Is Your Home Leaking Energy and Money?
Did you know that you can get assistance with the cost of adding insulation to your home?
The Weatherization Cash Grant Program is for Alameda Municipal Power customers who use electricity for heat. The Do-It-Yourself Cash Grant Option pays up to 70% of the materials cost for weatherization. Time to tuck your house in for energy savings!
Weatherization Program Guidelines
- You must be an AMP customer
- At least 70% of the primary heat source must be permanently installed electric heat.
- Added insulation is the first priority. Other measures will be approved if they facilitate insulation.
- The maximum grant for a single family, duplex, or triplex is $960 (per unit).
- The maximum grant for a dwelling of four or more units is $480 (per unit).
- All work must be approved by AMP and meet safety and quality guidelines.
- A landlord or property manager must sign your application and contract if you are a tenant.
- If you are interested in a free energy audit call us at the number below.
- Contact AMP at 510-748-3947 to schedule a pre-installation inspection.
- Complete the Weatherization Cash Grant Application Formand send it to:
Energy Management Supervisor
Alameda Municipal Power
P.O. Box H
Alameda, CA 94501
- Your application will be reviewed and a response mailed to you within 14 days.
- You may hire any contractor with a City of Alameda Business License to complete the installation
- Upon completion, AMP will inspect the installation.
- Submit copy of paid invoice to AMP.
- Once the installation is approved, AMP will pay the customer 80% of the project cost – up to $960.00 for a single family unit, and up to $480.00 per unit in a mult-family dwelling.