Get up to a $3,000 rebate on an electric vehicle charging station.
How It Works
- Buy and install a new level 2 electric vehicle charging station
- Take a photo of the receipt or paid invoice.
- Take a photo of your installed EV charging stations
- Fill out online application.
- Send email with application and photo attachments to email@example.com
- Customer must be a non-residential AMP customer
- Charger must be installed in Alameda
- Effective date of this program is October 16, 2017. (Only purchases made on or after the start date are eligible.
- The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.
- Qualifying level 2 (240-volt) charger must be: new and unused; certified by Underwriters Laboratories Inc. (UL Listed); ETL Listed; or approved by the City of Alameda Building Department.
- Chargers that are portable, resold, rebuilt, or received from warranty insurance claims are not eligible for rebates under this program.
- The level 2 charger must be wall or pedestal-mounted and installed by a licensed contractor.
Permits and Installation
- Installing a level 2 charger requires a permit from the City of Alameda.
- Customers or contractors can apply at the Permit Center Monday - Thursday, 7:30am - 3:00pm.
- Customer is solely responsible for installation of all rebated products to the manufacturer’s specification.
Terms and Conditions
- The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.The rebate is per charging station; a dual-port charging station is eligible for a single rebate.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed pre-tax purchase price.
- Grant funds received that are dedicated to the equipment purchase are to be treated like a discount, or coupon, and should be subtracted from the purchase price and documentation of the grant is required.
- However, if a grant can be used towards the installation costs, AMP does not view these funds as a discount for the purposes of this equipment-only rebate.
- AMP disclaims any and all liability, loss, or damage that may arise as a result of the applicant’s participation in this program..