Public Utilities Board Regular Meeting Agenda - September 19, 2016
September 19, 2016 at 7:00 P.M.
City Hall Council Chambers
2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Third Floor
(Corner of Santa Clara Avenue and Oak Street)
Alameda, California 94501
2. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – NON AGENDA (Public Comment)
Members of the public are invited to address the Board on any subject related to the activities of Alameda Municipal Power not otherwise appearing on the Agenda.
3. SPECIAL PRESENTATION
4. CONSENT CALENDAR
Consent Calendar items are considered routine and will be enacted, approved or adopted by one motion unless a request for removal for discussion or explanation is received from the Board or a member of the public:
F. By Resolution, Approve Supplement No. 1 To The Amended And Restated Northern California Power Agency Joint Powers Agreement Adding The City Of Shasta Lake As A Party To The Agreement, Recommend City Council Approval Of The Agreement, And Authorize Alameda’s Utility Director, Interim General Manager Elizabeth Warmerdam To Execute Supplement No.1 Documents
G. By Resolution, Authorize the Interim General Manager for a One Time Purchase of 20,800 Feet of 1000 KCMIL Underground Distribution 15 Kilo-Volt Power Cable from The Okonite Company in an Amount Not to Exceed $291,000 (Material Specification No. MS 07-16-01)
I. By Motion, Authorize the Interim General Manager to Award a Labor, Materials, and Equipment Contract to Osmose Utilities Services, Inc. to Inspect, Test, and Treat Wood Poles in the City of Alameda, in an Amount Not to Exceed $345,975 with at 10 Percent Contingency of $34,598 for a Total Not to Exceed $380,573 Per Specification No. CS 06-16-05
B. Motion, Authorize the General Manager to Award Service and Material Contracts to Landis+Gyr Technology Inc. (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) in an Amount of $5,351,521 with a Contingency of $802,728 for a Total Not to Exceed $6,154,249, Harris Utilities (Meter Data Management System) in an Amount of $614,183 with a Contingency of $92,127 for a Total Not to Exceed $706,310, Smart Utility Systems LLC (Customer Web Portal) in an Amount of $133,145 with a Contingency of $19,972 for a Total Not to Exceed $153,117, and UtiliWorks Consulting, LLC (Project Implementation Management) in an Amount of $974,250 with a Contingency of $170,850 for a Total Not to Exceed $1,145,100, for the Equipment, Software, and Services Required for a Full Deployment of an Advanced Metering Infrastructure in Alameda.
6. GENERAL MANAGER'S REPORT
7. COUNCIL COMMUNICATIONS
8. BOARD COMMUNICATIONS
9. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – NON AGENDA (Public Comment)
- Each member of the public who wishes to speak is afforded up to 5 minutes per agenda item, which may be increased or limited by the presiding officer.
- Sign language interpreters will be available on request. Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting to request an interpreter.
- Accessible seating for persons with disability (including those using wheelchairs) is available.
- Minutes of the meeting are available in enlarged print.
- Audiotapes of the meeting are available upon request.
- Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to request agenda materials in an alternative format, or any other reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in and enjoy the benefits of the meeting.
Documents related to this agenda are available for public inspection and copying at Alameda Municipal Power’s Service Center – 2000 Grand Street Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public.
Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City of Alameda exist to conduct the citizen of Alameda’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT A VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE OPEN GOVERNMENT COMMISSION: : the address is 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Room 380, Alameda, CA, 94501; phone number is 510-747-4800; fax number is 510-865-4048, e-mail address is email@example.com; and contact is Lara Weisiger, City Clerk.
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals.
[Sec. 2-91.13 (d) - Sunshine Ordinance]