Public Utilities Board Special Meeting Agenda - May 16, 2016
May 16, 2016 at 5:30 P.M.
CITY OF ALAMEDA PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD
City Hall 2263 Santa Clara Avenue
Alameda, California 94501
2. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – NON AGENDA (Public Comment)
Members of the public are invited to address the Board on any subject related to the activities of Alameda Municipal Power not otherwise appearing on the Agenda.
3. ADJOURNMENT TO CLOSED SESSION TO:
|A.||CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION
(Pursuant to Government Code § 54956.9)
CASE NAME: Zachary Ginsburg v. City of Alameda
COURT: Superior Court of the State of California, County of Alameda
CASE NO: RG15791428 [CITY COUNCIL AND PUBLIC UTILITIES BOARD]
|B.||CONFERENCE WITH NEGOTIATORS (54956.9)|
|City Negotiators:||Glenn O. Steiger, General Manager, Cynthia Whitchurch, AGM Engineering & Operations, Robert Orbeta, AGM Administration, Robin Young, Sr. Human Resources Analyst and Chris Low, Sr. Human Resources Analyst|
|Organizations Represented:||International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW)|
|Anticipates Issues:||Negotiate Memorandum of Understanding Contracts set to Expire on December 26, 2016|
4. ANNOUNCEMENT OF ACTION TAKEN IN CLOSED SESSION, IF ANY
- Each member of the public who wishes to speak is afforded up to 5 minutes per agenda item, which may be increased or limited by the presiding officer.
- Sign language interpreters will be available on request. Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or email@example.com at least 72 hours before the meeting to request an interpreter.
- Accessible seating for persons with disability (including those using wheelchairs) is available.
- Minutes of the meeting are available in enlarged print.
- Audiotapes of the meeting are available upon request.
- Please contact Tiffany Heard at 748-3908 or 522-7538 (TDD number) or firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to request agenda materials in an alternative format, or any other reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in and enjoy the benefits of the meeting.
Documents related to this agenda are available for public inspection and copying at Alameda Municipal Power’s Service Center – 2000 Grand Street Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Friday 10:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City of Alameda exist to conduct the citizen of Alameda’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
OR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE OR TO REPORT A VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE OPEN GOVERNMENT COMMISSION: the address is 2263 Santa Clara Avenue, Room 380, Alameda, CA, 94501; phone number is 510-747-4800; fax number is 510-865-4048, e-mail address is LWEISIGER@alamedaca.gov; and contact is Lara Weisiger, City Clerk. In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illnesses, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City accommodate these individuals. [Sec. 2-91.13 (d) - Sunshine Ordinance] Public Utilities Board